MyDay is an app for Apple and Android smartphones and tablet devices. It’s free to download and available now in the app store. Your username is the same as your student email address: studentNumber@live.wcs.ac.uk
MyDay brings together many of the college systems and services used by students, including:
- your timetable, attendance and results;
- the Moodle VLE;
- your student email account, Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and OneNote;
- your Microsoft ‘OneDrive’ cloud-based storage space for your coursework;
- self-certification for covering absences;
- the Students’ Association and student discounts;
- college services, news and events.
Below is just some of the information available within MyDay:
|Get the MyDay app on your mobile phone:
No mobile? No problem:
Guide to MyDay
What happened to Access All Areas?
If you are a returning student to the college, you will have been used to Access All Areas. Parts of Access Areas, such as absence self-certification, can now be access through the MyDay by tapping the ‘stethoscope’ tile – this will take you to the self-certification page within Access All Areas, but is now much easier than before – you no longer have to remember different website addresses, usernames or passwords. It’s now all available from within the MyDay app.
If you don’t have MyDay, don’t worry, you can still self-certificate through Access All Areas at https://aaa.westcollegescotland.ac.uk/aaa/SelfCert.aspx
Attendance, Absence and Sickness
- Click here to view the Attendance and Progress Procedure
- Click here to view the types of absence and how these are recorded
Absence – Self-certification
- Click here to jump directly to the Self-Certification page without logging into MyDay
- Click here for Student Funding Payment Dates and Deadlines
Note: if you encounter a technical issue using the self-service self-certificate system, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your student number and dates of absence. You must do this within the Student Funding Period.
MyDay User Guide
A helpful user guide can be found here.
MyDay Student Guide
Video Guides are available below.
Who do I contact for help or to make suggestions on features, layout, content or improvements?
If you need advice about using MyDay or any resource or service linked within MyDay, or encounter an issue or have a suggestion on how we could improve the app, please email email@example.com.
This is also the email address that should by used if you have any issues with self-certification (the old firstname.lastname@example.org email address can still be used too). Please include your student number on all correspondence.
Published: 2nd July 2019 (email@example.com). Related page: staff – https://intranet.westcollegescotland.ac.uk/teams/studentservices/SitePages/MyDay.aspx