This funding is for college and university students’ associations to provide support for students in colleges and universities. SFC is committed to flexibility in the use of this additional funding for students’ associations. Each students’ association’s needs and circumstances at this time are different, and this funding should be used where it will have the greatest impact for your students.
Examples of how you may wish to use this funding include:
- The building of safe online student communities to encourage contact, support learning, facilitate connections and the feeling of being part of the wider student community.
- Increasing membership engagement in order that students’ views can continue to be heard. Finding new ways to help members engage with each other and the institution is always important in order to maintain the vitality of the association.
- The communication of public health and wellbeing messages to their members.
- Building expertise and capacity of students’ associations by investing in staff. We recognise that even the best student’ associations are unlikely to deliver impact without a staff team to support them and without the right reporting structures in place.
- Mental health and wellbeing support for students. These funds can supplement the additional institutional Funding for Student Mental Health and Wellbeing 2020-21 announced in December 2020.