The Backpack Project is a fantastic way to support Mary’s Meals. So many of the children who receive Mary’s Meals in Malawi come to school without the basic tools for learning. Giving the children a backpack full of educational items enables them to get the most out of their education.
Donate a backpack full of learning tools the children need, such as:
- Stationery (notepads, pens, pencils, crayons, eraser, ruler, sharpener, pencil case…)
- Clothing – suitable for 4-14 years (Towel, shorts or skirt, t-shirt or dress, flip-flops or sandals)
- Toiletries (Soap, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- Small ball
We welcome good quality, second-hand items and you can donate a filled backpack, an empty backpack, or any of the individual items on the list.
The Collection takes place from Monday 8 December to the end of January.
You can drop off the items at your campus:
- Finnart: Newton Suite (Lorna McNulty)
- Waterfront: Library (Louise Reddy)
- Clydebank: Room 023 (Judy Sillars)
- Paisley: Room RN214 (Lynda Robertson)