Student Counselling / Time 4 U



Student Counselling Service

TIME 4 U is the name of the free Counselling Service available to all current students of West College Scotland.

This two-minute animated cartoon explains when and how counselling can help if students have problems and feel anxious or depressed. The video was developed by the FE and SFC special interest group of the Universities and Colleges division of the BACP:


Why consider counselling?

Most of the time, for most students, life at college will be enjoyable and fulfilling. However, in all of our lives, there will be times when life is not so easy.  Time 4 U provides a space to talk on a one-to-one basis with a Student Counsellor. 

Counselling may help you to get some perspective and reach the solution which best suits you.


What can I talk to you about?

Every student is different. If there is something troubling you then simply having an initial chat with a Student Counsellor may help.

Listed below are just a few examples:

• Academic Concerns
• Abuse (emotional, physical, mental, sexual)
• Anxiety
• Bereavement
• Depression
• Homesickness
• Mental Health
• Personal or Family Illness
• Pregnancy
• Relationship Difficulties
• Self harm
• Sexual Identity
• Suicidal Thoughts

Student Counsellors work to the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions. It is important to be aware that confidentiality will be broken if required to do so by law.


What have other students said about their experience?

“It was good to have time to sit with you and work out my own solutions, move on and, yes, even pass. Thank you.”

“It was unbelievable, even at my age, to achieve what I have. The course lecturers gave me the knowledge and you gave me the emotional support and encouragement when things got tough. Thanks a million.”


Speak to us

You can make an appointment through a Student Advisor, or you can use one of the contact methods below during term time:

Contact our Student Counsellors

For more information about TIME 4 U and the services offered, please contact: