Enabling Services is a service for every student who may benefit from extra help or support during their studies – either on an on-going basis or at key times during your studies at our college. We operate a ‘self-referral’ system. Even if you are not sure, it is worth emailing or telephoning us to find out if we can assist you with your studies. We can provide bespoke, discreet, out of class support.
Support includes, but is not limited to:
- Extra time for assessments and exams.
- Alternative arrangements for assessments and exams
- Access to (and training on) assistive equipment (e.g. Live scribe, audio recorders, netbooks)
- Access to (and training on) assistive software
- Access to classroom and assessment support (e.g. BSL signing, readers and scribe)
- Access to discrete, out of class one-to-to support (e.g. proof reading, study skills)
- Support with adaption of materials and resources
- Screening for dyslexia and dyscalculia
- Help with applying for disabled students allowance (DSA) if you are studying an HNC, HND or degree level course
- Additional help with literacy, Numeracy, and ICT with support from the Core Skills Team
Who Can We Help?
- Any student can access the Enabling services, including students with:
- Social, emotional or behavioural difficulties
- Visual or hearing impairments
- Specific learning difficulties (e.g. Dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia)
- Autistic spectrum disorders (including Asperger’s Syndrome)
- Mental health difficulties
- Physical/mobility difficulties
- Unseen disabilities
Contact the Enabling Services Team
To arrange an appointment or discuss your particular needs, please contact us on:
Alternatively contact our Campus co-ordinators: