Following our Book Week Scotland event with Metaphrog, we’re running a competition for students to design a cover for a book, graphic novel or zine based on the Book Week Scotland theme of ‘Future’:
- It could be a completely new, original title that you can imagine existing or you can take an existing title and create a new cover for it.
- You can have a think about what your own future might be and where you might be heading after your college course…
- You could imagine what our world or civilisation may look like in the future and whether things might turn out for the better or worse…
- If you’re going to re-imagine a cover for an existing title you might want to involve consider what a sequel would involve, where the story would go next and what would happen to the characters…
You can use any media you wish but we have organised free premium access to Adobe Spark, a graphic design app for anyone taking part in the competition. Dom Traynor from Adobe has made a tutorial for us showing how to use Adobe Spark: https://clickv.ie/w/mglp Find instructions on how to access Adobe Spark here: https://clickv.ie/w/BGZo Email email@example.com with your name and student number and we will set up access to Adobe Spark for you.
We’ve created a collection based on the things we were talking about during Metaphrog’s event on a site called ‘Wakelet’ that may help with some inspiration, you can find it here: https://wke.lt/w/s/A04hav
We’re also going to ask you to submit your entries by using Wakelet. You can add your entry to our competition collection here: https://wakelet.com/i/invite?code=8441a37 Provide your name and/or student number when prompted then use the green ‘Edit Collection’ button followed by the ‘plus sign’ icon on that page to upload an image of your artwork:
The closing date is Friday 26 February.
Metaphrog have kindly agreed to judge the entries.
- Art and graphic materials
- Vouchers and/or mystery boxes from Geek-aboo