Post Results Service
Post-results Services can be used where the college has concerns about a candidate’s certificated result. If they believe the final mark does not reflect expectations, they can request a priority marking review, clerical check or a marking review of the exam paper and other externally assessed components, such as a portfolio. These services operate after candidates receive their exam results. This service opens on Results Day – 6th August.
- This process covers all national qualifications which have an externally assessed examination – National 5, Highers and Advanced Highers. Note – These arrangements do not apply to HNC/D or NC group awards – appeals against assessment decisions for these awards are dealt with under the college internal Academic Appeals Procedure.
College staff will decide on the most appropriate option in your circumstances.
- Clerical Check – If the college submits a request for a clerical check, SQA will check that all parts of the exam paper or other externally assessed component, such as a portfolio, have been marked, that the marks given for each answer have been added correctly, and that the correct total mark or result was entered into our computer system. Clerical Check Requests must be submitted by 27 August 2019.
- A Marking Review – If the college submits a request for a marking review, an SQA senior examiner will ensure that:
- all parts of a candidate’s materials submitted to us – examination paper(s) and/or other externally assessed components – have been marked
- the marking is in line with the national standard
- the marks given for each answer have been totalled correctly, and
- the correct result has been entered on our results software
Marking Review Requests must be submitted by 27 August 2019.
Should a candidate have a conditional offer in further or higher education which is dependent on the outcome of the review, a school or college can request a priority marking review. Priority marking review requests must be submitted by 16 August 2019.
If a Clerical Check or Marking Review results in a change to a candidate’s grade, SQA will issue a revised certificate to the candidate. Remember if the grade goes down, it is the lower grade that will be on the re-issued certificate.
The College has to pay for any Post Result Service Request so you must have the agreement and support of your lecturer for us to submit on your behalf.
If you decide that you would like to request either a Clerical Check or Marking Review you must contact the College without delay by calling 0141 951 7504.
How and when are results issued?
Results for Post-results Services requests will be sent electronically to the college who submitted the request on the following dates:
- 26 August 2019 – for priority marking review results
- 27 September 2019 – for marking review and clerical check results
Results for priority marking reviews will also be sent to your college contact provided at the time of the request.
Any revised certificates will be posted to candidates at the end of November 2019. Revised results will also be updated on MySQA at the end of November 2019.