Now in its 25th year, the Blythswood Shoebox Appeal has donated over 2 million boxes to those in need at Christmas time. With West College Scotland contributing over 100 boxes to the cause each year, we are getting involved again and helping to provide rare moments of happiness for families in poverty.
The shoeboxes can be made up for children/teenagers/women and men. The idea behind it is that the shoeboxes are delivered to people who have so little. You can bring joy to someone in need this Christmas by filling a shoebox with things we all take for granted!
The shoebox appeal is simple….
- Find an average sized shoebox (ask in shoe shops if you are having difficulties they always have empties!!)
- Decide who to pack it for? (A child, teenager, woman or man) Pack the box with lots of goodies.Essential Items Are:
- Toothpaste & Toothbrush
- Hat, Scarf & Gloves
- Toy Car (Boy’s Box) Or Small Doll (Girl’s Box)
- You can also pack some additional items into the box e.g. deodorant, stationary, colouring books, new makeup, sanitary products and sewing equipment! Please refer to checklist attachment
- No food is allowed except sweeties (best before date not earlier than March 2019 and no loose sweeties/lollies/individually purchased sweets made up into little bags)
- Print the checklist from www.blythswood.org and tick what you have included or pick one up from Main Reception/The Library/ Students’ Association Office/HR/Beauty Store/Print Room. Attach your checklist to the lid of your box.
- Wrap your shoebox and lid separately (you might have to buy some Christmas paper early!!)
- Drop your box and checklist to your Campus Reception no later than FRIDAY 9 NOVEMBER. Bring some happiness to someone in need this ChristmasDrop your boxes off to your campus Reception by Friday 9th November and more information can be found here: http://bit.ly/2pptt9E