The Paisley 2021 team are looking for students to get involved in creating a range of content for website and social media that showcases the wide range of cultural activity taking place across Paisley and Renfrewshire.
We want to tell the story of the town, surprise people about Paisley and promote our town’s rich cultural heritage – you can be a big part in that.
How can you help?
We are looking for you to get involved in The Spree, our winter events programme and telling the Paisley story.
Your content will be shown on your own channels to help us promote conversation online and on social media about Paisley, our events and our UK City of Culture bid.
Paisley 2021 will also showcase your work with credit to you, helping us to capture a wide variety of content that we know is out there in the town.
We are looking for
- Bloggers to write about the experience of being at The Spree and post content online and on social media using #SpreeFest
- Photographers to take photos of people enjoying the gigs, enjoying being in Paisley and post online and on social media using #SpreeFest
- Experiential marketers to showcase the Paisley welcome and the fantastic cultural programme of the event on their own social media channels – kick-starting an online conversation about #SpreeFest
- Snapchat event story
- Instagram videos and images
- Twitter live updates
- Facebook live streaming
- Gig reviewers to write about the acts and their experience at the shows and post content online and on social media using #SpreeFest
- Videographers to capture the experience of being at gigs and showcase people enjoying their experience; posted on YouTube and on social media using #SpreeFest
Maximum of 5 students can attend these events – including 1 photographer and 1 videographer:
- Carol Laula with friends celebrate Paisley – Friday 14 October, 7pm, Spiegeltent
- Admiral Fallow plus support – Friday 14 October, 7.30pm, Paisley Town Hall
- Best of Scottish Comedy ft Mark Nelson – Friday 14 October, 9.30pm, Spiegeltent
- Sunday Cinema – Where you’re meant to be – Sunday 16 October, 1.30pm, Spiegeltent
- Spree sessions: Rockus Community Choir – Sunday 16 October, 7pm, Paisley Abbey
- Donnie Munro plus support – Sunday 16 October, 7pm, Spiegeltent
- Spree sessions: Create Paisley with James Grant – Tuesday 18 October, 7.30pm, Spiegeltent
- Scottish Album of the Year Award showcase – Wednesday 19 October, 8pm, Spiegeltent
- Spree sessions: Feis Phaislig Ceilidh Trail – Friday 21 October, 12noon, Spiegeltent
- ModStuff: All of Nothing radio show – Friday 21 October, 7pm, The Bungalow
- Best of Scottish Comedy ft Joe Heenan – Friday 21 October, 7.30pm, Spiegeltent
- ModStuff: The Sell-Out and Turkey Nuts – Friday 21 October, 9pm, Hamishes’ Hoose
- Mod Stuff: Saturday afternoon show – Saturday 22 October, 12noon, Spiegeltent
- ModStuff: Saturday evening show – Saturday 22 October, 7pm, Spiegeltent
- Treacherous Orchestra and Skerryvore – Saturday 22 October, 7.30pm, Paisley Town Hall
Maximum of 2 students can attend the following Spree events – including 1 photographer and 1 videographer:
- WeBanjo3, Michael McGoldrick and Friends and Ross&Jarlath – Saturday 15 October, 7.30pm, Spiegeltent
- A Celebration of Robert Tannahill with The Tannahill Weavers, Eddi Read and Dick Gaughan – Friday 21 October, 7pm, Spiegeltent
Free admittance will be given to all students who sign up be a digital contributor for Paisley 2021 and allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
How does being a contributor for Paisley 2021 benefit me?
We hope you enjoy being part of the exciting activity going on in Paisley right now, but here are some things that you can get out of being involved:
- Gain hands-on experience in an area that interests you
- Put down your experience as a Digital Contributor for Paisley 2021 on your CV
- Be listed as a Digital Contributor on the Paisley 2021 website
- Be credited for your work on the Paisley 2021 website and social media channels
- Free access to gigs through media invitations
- Creation of engaging content for your own blogs and social media channels
Let us know that you want to be involved
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you want to be involved and the areas you are interested in.
- Let us know how much time you can commit. Some opportunities will be deadline driven and others will be ongoing.
- You can work on your own or team up with fellow students to collaborate on any of the opportunities.
- Keep in touch with us and let us know when you need advice or assistance with anything.
By signing up, you give 2021 permission to use all content generated for the purpose of promoting Paisley and the town’s UK City of Culture 2021 bid for promotional purposes.
Please send all content to email@example.com by wetransfer.