West College Scotland is excited to announce that it is sponsoring the 2016 Scotland’s Boat Show’s Food & Drink Pavilion on the 14th, 15th and 16th of October.
This sponsorship is an exciting opportunity for college students who would like to get involved in the biggest brokerage show in the UK and gain hands-on experience and skills to add to their CV.
The partnership agreement means that our students will have the chance to work alongside famous TV celebrity chef Nick Nairn and Boatshow event staff. There are 30 work experience opportunities available over the 3 days and we’d like to invite interested students to put their names forward to get involved!
We are looking for assistance with:
- Chef Demonstrations* – assist Nick Nairn in preparation and demonstrations
(*please note only Hospitality/Catering student applications will be accepted for this work experience)
- Demonstration Marshalls – assist marshalling of visitors for seating and demonstrations
- Audience Research – conducting online surveys throughout the event
- Information Stewards – providing information and assistance to visitors
- Lewmar Simulator Operators – To operate and promote the winch simulator and to use the digital scoreboards in Get In The Water pavilion. 1 hour training will be provided for this.
Please Apply before Wednesday 21st September
Transport will be provided from Greenock Finnart Street Campus on all days. Work experience will run from 10am – 5pm each day.